Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jacob Walton is here!

OK, OK. I did promise I would be back in a couple of days with at least one cool, exciting, refreshing, engaging new blog. And, yeah, I slacked a bit. But I at least started a couple--one on some specific goals I'm setting for this year; another one on my first book review. I had great intentions on using some spare time to finish those off and get them uploaded.

But a funny thing happened the last couple of weeks.

My son arrived.

Now, of course, this wasn't a big surprise. I've been kind of guessing that something was up with Becki for some time now, and I was secretly hoping she was pregnant. Turns out she was. (Yes, that was sarcasm.) Anyway, James Robert Walton IV...or "Jacob", as the little guy is called around our house and shall be henceforth...arrived a few days early, at 4:13am on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 via emergency c-section. Becki's fine; her labor came on VERY quickly and he was turned the wrong way, so the hospital had to spring into action pretty quick. They did a great job and, for the most part, the whole staff treated us very well during our extended visit. But, let me tell you, it felt GREAT to walk through our front door on Saturday afternoon!!

Wanna see some pictures? Yeah...I've got 'em...they're here.

We've all been enjoying getting adjusted to one another during the past week. Actually, I think Becki and I are getting adjusted to Jacob, rather than the other way around. He's kind of setting the pace for us right now. Good thing I took some time off work...

So, needless to say, the last 10 days or so have not afforded me a lot of time to keep my blog in order as I had intended. Sorry 'bout that. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that, with a newborn in the house, my spare time quotient just plummeted several notches. But I guess that just means I'm going to have to be that much more organized. So, I won't promise a brand-new post within a few days...but I can tell you I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Uh, don't hold your breath, though...please.

No comments: