Monday, November 24, 2008

a list of things to be thankful for...

So, in honor of Turkey Day (more formally known as Thanksgiving), I thought I'd take a moment out to make a list of just some of the many things I am thankful for.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in a negative, victim attitude and think that the whole world is on our shoulders. I know I have to work really hard at avoiding that mindset. And what makes it so ironic is that those of us in the United States--even at our "worst"--live life better than probably 95% of the world's population. Who are we to complain?
Anyway, this is something that helps me remember just how very much God has blessed me. I hope it helps you, too.

1. A gorgeous, loving wife and an adorable son who love me far more than I deserve.

2. A new son or daughter just 6 months away!

3. A beautiful, comfortable, spacious home in a great neighborhood and location.

4. A great looking, functional, and well-running minivan in the garage.

5. Good, healthy food on the table at all times.

6. An extended family that loves me.

7. Friends to share life, laughter, and love with.

8. A good paying, steady job...as well as several other income-producing projects that Becki and I are able to work together at "on the side".

9. I'm breathing and in relatively good health.

10. Plenty of good books to read.

11. The knowledge that, even when things are tight, it will all be OK because HE says it will!

12. Being a Florida Gators fan!!

13. Knowing that there is so much more "out there" for me to explore, enjoy, investigate, and become.

14. Living in, despite all of its issues, the greatest country in the world.
15. Cool, crisp fall nights.
16. A Savior who loves the unlovable me.

I'm sure I'll think of many more....and I'll come back and add them later....but, for now, here's just a short list to greet you all this Thanksgiving morning. Have a blessed one!

No comments: