Monday, April 28, 2008

weekend review...April 26-28

Welcome to another regularly-occurring feature I've come up with...a no-holds barred review of the two (or three, in some cases) days that is my weekend.

Not too much to report this week, I'm afraid.

I "worked" all day Saturday--I say "worked" because I'm not really doing much on Saturdays except setting up our systems, running some reports, and then, well, uh, watching the clock. Seriously, I'm in at 8:30, have everything done that I have to get done by 9:15, and then sit and read, watch TV, surf the internet, etc., until I go home at 6 or 6:30. I used this week to get some online Microsoft Office courses done and catch up on my reading. At least I get paid for it.

Sunday...our normal visit to our church at 9am, breakfast, and then mostly relaxing all day, except for the couple of hours I worked in the yard. The good news is our lawn looks pretty good, except for a couple of mysterious brown patches. The bad news is, I found out why. Looks like the sprinkler system is on the fritz. So, I'll either be watering manually, asking my father-in-law for help (but he's in Nicaragua until Saturday), and/or praying for rain. It's actually clouding up a bit now, but, trust me, it's not gonna rain. Just 'cause I need it to.

Today was a pretty good day. We picked up the in-laws (mine) and headed to Orlando for a visit to Ikea. Becki and I went a few weeks ago and were in awe of this place. We both agreed it would be something her folks would enjoy, and I think they did. We picked up a few things for our kitchen and got some good ideas on how to do some future organization projects. I'm always amazed at the cool ideas that place has, and I hope one day we can head in there with a wad of cash and go nuts (with a plan in mind, of course!). Anyway, after a quick lunch at the food court at Mall at Millenia and a stop by the Apple store, we headed home...and here we are.

Small Group in T-minus two hours. I should probably go clean the house. See ya...

No comments: