Thursday, May 01, 2008

three on thursday...favorite fast-food places

You probably can't tell from looking at me, but I enjoy fast food every once in a while. (That was a joke, people...but I'm workin' on it!!) I try to stay away as much as I can and eat healthier, less expensive meals--i.e., cook at home--but, let's face it, it's hard to beat the convenience of ordering a cheap meal from the comfort of my own car.

So, this week's edition: my top 3 fast-food joints...

1. ChickFilA
This one's easy. I could eat here all the time. I love the chicken sandwiches and I've become a pretty big fan of their breakfasts, too. Unfortunately, we live in a no ChickFilA zone (for now), so the only time I eat here is occasionally when I'm at work and when we happen to be in a mall. I'll choose this over almost anything out there. The fact that Truett Cathy is a great man of God and his business model shows it doesn't hurt, either.

2. Sonic
I love their breakfast burritos and onion rings especially. In fact, I don't believe I've ever had a burger here. The other stuff is too good. The first few times I ate here I thought the whole "order from your car and we'll bring it to you" thing was pretty cool, but it's no big deal now.

3. McDonalds
Yeah, I know...this one's here purely because of the fries. They're hard to beat, and polls show it. And the McGriddle sandwich for breakfast? Yum. My enthusiasm for this American icon took a big hit after watching "SuperSize Me" (we even swore the place off for a few months), but I still manage to sneak a visit in every week or so on the way home, if just for the fries.

There you have it. Opinions (and scolding comments) welcome...

1 comment:

Scott said...

Here are my top 3 comments:

1. yeah, ok sometimes
2. gross
3. gross

There you have it. Hey, when you are guys headed up here. We still want to see the baby.

Oh, and my rebate is going right bank into the account from which we took out the money to pay what we owed the gov't. We will be still be down a few hundred bucks in the government's favor.