Tuesday, May 06, 2008

weekend review...May 3-5

So, again, not an overly thrilling weekend...but a good time was had by all. Here's what went on:

1. We had a picnic for our company (Percepta) on Sunday afternoon, at which we enjoyed some great sliced pork BBQ sandwiches and baked beans and hung out with everyone from my department. Later that evening, we had a Small Group dinner, at which we enjoyed pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and baked beans and hung out with everyone from our Small Group. I guess you can never get enough pork BBQ!

2. I finally got to watch my Cardinals play some baseball on TV this weekend, a three-game set against the rival Cubs. And they didn't disappoint, taking two games and opening up a 2.5 game lead for first place. That's significant in that all of the "experts" said St. Louis would be in the tank this season. But this is just the kind of team that Tony LaRussa likes, a lineup he has to tinker with every night to get the best out of. He's the best in the business at it, and it's showing this year. 'Course, it's only May 6. I'm aware that the MLB season runs until October. Still, I really like what I see from this club so far.

3. Summer has arrived. I don't care what the calendar says. It's hot out there.

4. I'm secretly praying for a close brush with a hurricane this year, if only so we can have a vacation without costing me time at work. But I'm also praying it doesn't happen between July 23-30....when we're on vacation (taking real vacation time) in California. That would suck...

Also, I need to have more interesting weekends...

No comments: