Tuesday, May 27, 2008

weekend review...Memorial Day Weekend 2008

Well, first off, I'm feeling much, much better. Thanks for asking. I'm still coughing a bit, but nothing like I was before. I'm guessing I had a version of the flu, but, whatever it was, it knocked me around for a couple of weeks. I even missed about 3 days of work. Which my checkbook hates.

So, anyway, this was the first weekend in a while that I've felt pretty good. Beyond having our Small Group and some friends/family over Monday night to grill some hamburgers, though...nothing too exciting happened. I'd love to say here that I worked on the lawn like I said I was going to, or cleaned my office like I had hoped to, but, alas, I did not. Chalk it up to just wanting to relax, I guess.

I did catch quite a few episodes of Deadliest Catch on Discovery yesterday. Good stuff. At first, every episode looks the same. "Hey, we caught crab. Pay us." But, after a while, you start to get hooked (ha!). It's a pretty fascinating look at a profession I never even thought about before. And, like most shows on Discovery, it's very intriguing.

Beyond that, though...pretty boring weekend. Oh, I did clean the grill in preparation for Monday evening's cookout. REALLY cleaned it. I had no idea that several month's worth of drippings from Stubb's chicken marinade would be that hard to clean. But it apparently is. By the way, don't let that stuff go down your disposal (the residue--not the marinade). If you do, make sure you're prepared to do a bit of plumbing.

Back on Thursday with a new list of cool stuff. See ya then.

No comments: