Thursday, June 26, 2008

weekend review...June 21-23

Yes, I know it's Thursday. And, yes, I know last weekend is far removed from most of your minds. Sorry about that. It occurs to me that if I'm going to have a "weekend review" posting every week I might actually need to post it while the weekend's still fresh. I'll try harder next week. For this week...well, it's already Thursday. Deal with it.

Anyway, my lovely wife turned 35 last Saturday, so obviously it was a celebratory weekend around the Walton household. Early Saturday morning, before I sauntered off to work, I presented Becki with a couple of homemade gifts as well as the traditional Starbucks gift card. Sunday was a blur, as we had our parents and family (read: Brent, Rachel, and the kids) over for lunch. The plan was to hit the pool (which I was looking forward to; I haven't taken Jacob yet), but because it's Florida and because we planned something outside, of course it rained. Hard. (I did manage to get the lawn done before that, though. Yay!) So, we resorted to cards and/or Halo on the XBox. Apparently I enjoy getting my rear end kicked by my nephews at this game so much that I made an afternoon of it. Oh, well.

Monday was, well...a Monday. Started off the morning with our regular stroll around the neighborhood, and then relaxed quite a bit for the day. We capped off the weekend with our last Small Group until August (we're breaking for a bit because of conflicting vacation schedules). And that was it. Exciting, huh?

A couple of additional notes:


- I finally broke down and called Dish to schedule a service call. (In the middle of our Sunday festivities, which did NOT make my wife happy. Can't say I blame her!) Seems we are having intermittent problems with the signal going in and out, even on clear days. The kicker is, I can't just call and have someone come out to check it--I have to wait until the problem crops up. Which usually happens right about when there's something on that we planned to watch. Anyway, of course it started doing this on Sunday, right about the time I wanted to flip the Cardinals game on. So, I made the call. They'll be here today. I'll let you know how it goes.


- I'm back on the "wake up early and work out" wagon. Started again this week. I was really into it around the time Jacob arrived--which obviously threw a wrench into my plans--and then again right around the time I got sick for about 3 weeks. My goal is to lose 7-10 pounds by the time California is here in a month. That feels outrageous typing it. But, I know it can be done...just gotta stay focused! Long-term (say 6-9 months): I want to run my first 5K. Really...

1 comment:

Becki on a Budget said...

True! It did NOT make me happy that you decided to call Dish in the middle of trying to cook. (But I understand why you did.) Just the timing was off!
I LOVE YOU!!!