Friday, August 22, 2008

we're waterlogged...but fine

So, just a quick update from my post yesterday, since so many of you have been asking. We're fine, thankfully. The water is still high in many areas of Viera, but appears to be receding quite a bit in our neighborhood. Which is good, because it's back to work for me in the morning.

I remember not too long ago posting that I was almost hoping for a Hurricane to swing through, because I was looking forward to some time off of work. How foolish of me. Right about now (well, actually, a day or two ago) I am ready to get back to "normal" and see the sun again. This has been the strangest storm I've ever seen and has done more damage than any Hurricane I can remember (in our area, at least). So much rain...we're well over 20 inches.

Yep, I'm glad to see Fay truck on outta here.

As promised, here are a few pictures I snapped on one of my walks around the neighborhood. No, I didn't have a boat. Yes, I got wet.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heatherpeacock said...

Hey guys! I can't believe the pictures of all the flooding/water there. It's hard to imagine when we're living in the middle of a hot dessert! We love and miss you guys muchly! I look forward to following your blog and keeping in touch--we have facebook too, of course. Talk to you soon! Hugs to Jacob! : )

John said...

You didn't actually get any water in your house right?

Tripp Walton said...

Nope. No water inside the house, thank goodness. It would've taken a few more days of rain to get to that point...but there was definitely a time there that I was worried about that!